• Choose a calm and clean place that is far from the reach of children.
• Be keen on ensuring completeness and comprehensiveness in the subjects of the books, in order to cover
the various branches, such as exegesis, Hadeeth, jurisprudence, creed, biography of the Prophet,
sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and history, character, manners, heart softeners, principles of jurisprudence,
science of Hadeeth, narrators and biographies, syntax and morphology, language and poetry, proselytization
and education, the woman and family, the conditions of the Muslims and modern groups, books of general
culture, and so forth.
• Be keen on acquiring the oldest editions and the most important books in every science.
• One should arrange the books in such a manner that the highest level should be saved for the noblest level
, and so on in having the next in stages. So, it should be arranged in the following order: Qur’aan, then
Hadeeth, then explanations of Hadeeth, then creed, then principles of jurisprudence, then jurisprudence,
then syntax, then poetry of Arabs. If two books are of the same level in the same genre, one should place
the book that has more Qur’aan and Hadeeth higher. If they are equal, then they should rate it based on the
status of the author. If they are equal, then they should rate it based on the older book. If they are equal,
then it should be the book that is more used by the righteous and scholars. If they are equal, then the most
authentic of the two, and so forth.
• If you acquire a book, do not place it in your library until you have skimmed it quickly, or read the
introduction or index, or read an instance in it. Then, you should place it with similar books of knowledge. If
you do not do so, perhaps ages will pass without reading it. Thus, it is advisable to save a section in your
library that is purely for new books that have not been read.
• Write subject titles on your bookshelves, so that it is easier to place the book in its appropriate place.
• Make an indexing system for the library based on subject, title, or author, along with a numbering system,
in order to make it easier to search in it and find what is needed. This is in addition to maintaining correct
order and constant revision of the places of the books that are placed in the library, even if quickly.
• Keep multiple copies of good books so that you can give them out as gifts.
• Make a notebook for borrowing, in order to write the names of the books that have been borrowed and the
names of those whom the books were borrowed from.
Latest from umme huraira
- 18.Patience and loving Allâh [Patience and gratitude-Imaam Ibn Qayyim al jawziyyah
- 17.Patience is half of Îmân [Patience and gratitude-Imaam Ibn Qayyim al jawziyyah]
- 16. Patience at the time of bereavement [Patience and gratitude-Imaam Ibn Qayyim al jawziyyah]
- 15.Sahâbah on the virtues of patience [Patience and gratitude-Imaam Ibn Qayyim al jawziyyah]
- 14.Ahâdîth about patience [Patience and gratitude-Imaam Ibn Qayyim al jawziyyah]